Hi, first just want to say thanks for putting snowkit out there, this is a great framework for making multi-platform games with Haxe!
So far I've been looking mostly into the iOS-side (will be looking into Android next), and I've got a few questions/issues...
- is there access to the so-called "screen scale"? i.e., [[UIScreen mainScreen] scale] (so that we have an idea if we're running on a retina device)?
- going along with the screen scale access, if one wanted to tweak the projection matrix to account for this screen scale, what would be the best way? i.e., imagine you wanted the same asset to display at the same size on screen, regardless of whether the render target is 1024x768 or 2048x1536 (obviously said asset would be blurrier on the larger screen resolution)... thoughts?
- if we wanted to add platform-specific functionality (for example GameCenter, In-App Purchase, 3rd-Party SDKs, etc.), is there a recommended route?
And then a couple minor issues I've noticed so far:
- The status bar is displaying for all devices other than 6 and 6+ (even on the simulators), despite the properties in the info.plist file (UIStatusBarHidden and UIViewControllerBasedStatusBarAppearance) - there are potentially solutions which require modifying the actual view-controller code, but that doesn't seem to be accessible in the generated project as far as I can tell and doesn't seem like it should be necessary.
- The generated launch images in Images.xcassets don't add native support for the iPhone 6 or 6+, meaning that the app won't render at native resolution (if you log the render target resolution, you can see that it is still the resolution of the iPhone5/5s)... we could presumably fix this ourselves by modifying the Images.xcassets, but I wanted to at least point it out so you were aware.